Let’s Celebrate Easter Naturally or Celebrating Easter
Although Easter is traditionally linked to the Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, it has also become a favorite cultural spring festivity and a fun family tradition that practices the popular “Easter Egg Hunt.”
- The tallest chocolate Easter egg ever was made in Italy in 2011. It stood 10.39 meters and weighed an astounding 7,200 kg!
- The U.K.’s first chocolate egg was produced in 1873 by Fry’s of Bristol.
- The art of painting eggs is called “pysanka,” which originated in Ukraine. It involves using wax and dyes to color the egg.
- During the holiday, more than 90 million chocolate bunnies, 91.4 billion eggs and 700 million marshmallow Peeps are produced each year in the United States alone!
- The Easter egg is said to symbolize and represent joy, celebration and new life.
- For Christians, Easter is considered to be the oldest Christian holiday and one of the most important days of the year.
- The White House tradition of the Easter Egg Roll started back in 1878 with President Rutherford B Hayes.
- The idea of the Easter bunny giving candies and eggs is said to have originated in Germany during the middle ages.
PlanToys® is one of the first green manufacturers of wooden toys. We use sustainable materials that are safe and eco-friendly. Our toys are made with water-based organic dyes that are free of chemicals. Try this fun activity with your little ones this Easter. You’ll learn how to dye eggs using all-natural ingredients that can be found in your kitchen!